torsdag 27. juni 2013

Sukhoi PAK-FA spin recovery footage


Video her: http://tinyurl.com/ov62jeg
Check out this video of the Russian Sukhoi PAK-FA fifth-generation stealth fighter. There is some good footage of the jet undergoing flight tests--my comprehension of the Russian language is virtually non-existent, but I think the reporter is giving an overview of the jet's capabilities.
_SPL8704.jpg
 If I understood correctly--the PAK-FA has a lot of the same features that you'd find on the F-22 or F-35 like embedded antennas and sensor fusion. But the Russian aircraft seems to have automation to the point where it can land itself if the pilot is incapacitated, but that could be my misunderstanding.
 If anyone speaks/understands Russian, I'm sure you'll get much more out of this than me--but cool footage nonetheless. Incidentally, some of the footage looks like spin testing, but unlike similar US testing you might see at Edwards AFB or Pax River, the Russians don't seem to use a spin-chute.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.