fredag 16. september 2016

T-X - "Looks like a hybrid Gripen/F-18" - AW&ST

Check Pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/zz38fzr

One comment goes:
Well, I had hoped for something that would make me feel that the T-38 was truly being replaced by something as beautiful, as balanced and as heart string pulling . . . In my opinion, this aircraft looks like something a cartoonist would come up with. Is there something in the design world that says all modern trainers must be ungainly in appearance? I thing they should call it Tweety Bird because of the bulbous oversized canopy. Really, was it necessary to have twin vertical stabilizers? I would rather have seen the Saab Gripen modified to be a two seat trainer than this. Maybe it will grow on me. The current paint scheme may be partially to blame..

My last picture of the beauty at old Willy Field, now mostly an Arizona State University campus and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, 2011 - I got my wings here in February 1968

This for those who remember downtown Chandler:
The old "Dog"

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.